Code of Conduct & Rules
PACE OF PLAY – 4 Hours
Elks Golf Course Dress Code
- No T Shirts
- No Tank Tops
- No Abbreviated Shorts
Ready Golf Rules
On The Tee
- The Player who is ready should hit.
- Shorter hitters should hit first.
- Tee off as soon as group ahead is clear.
- Carry an extra ball in your pocket.
On The Fairway
- Hit when ready and safe: do not use honor system.
- Take appropriate clubs to your ball and hit without delay.
- Have your group watch where each shot goes.
- Limit search for lost balls to 3 minutes maximum.
- Pick up and place ball on green upon reaching double par.
- Place your clubs between green and next tee when applicable.
On The Green
- Study your putt while others are putting.
- Continue putting until holed out.
- Leave the green immediately after holing out & proceed to the next tee. Complete your scorecard after you’re off the green.
Par 3 Greens
- Upon reaching the green, if the group in front of you is waiting to hit on the next tee, stand/park in a safe area and have the group behind you hit.
- Mark your score on the way to the next tee.
- When driving a cart, drop your partner at his/her ball, then continue to yours.
Ready Golf Enforcement Policy
- If you fall more than one hole behind, our staff will issue a warning.
- If you remain behind, you will be asked to forfeit your tee shot or skip a hole.
- If these steps do not solve the problem, you will be asked to leave the course for the benefit of the other golfers.
- Remember slow play affects everyone; please cooperate for the enjoyment of all.
Golf Cart Agreement
- No more than 2 persons per golf cart and no more than 2 bags per golf cart at any time
- Persons under the age of 16 and/or do not possess a valid driver’s license are not permitted to drive a golf cart at any time.
- Golf carts must stay back 30 feet from greens, tees and water hazards at all times.
- No cart is permitted to leave the golf course property at any time.
- Drive carefully. Maintain a firm grip on the steering wheel at all times. Do not spin wheels.
- Golf cart parking brake must be engaged and set before leaving golf cart.
- The Port Huron Elks Lodge 343 / Golf Course reserves the right to refuse the use of carts to any person not following these and other rules without refunding fee.
- If not told otherwise, always use the 90-degree rule with your golf cart.
- The renter and / or renters are financially responsible for any damage done or caused by ill use and/or misuse of said golf cart resorting in damage to the golf course, golf cart and/or persons.
- The Port Huron Elks Lodge 343 / Golf Course is not liable for any damage and/or injury from the use of the golf carts.
- All golf carts shall be returned to the pro-shop immediately after your round is finished.
- All players will be required to sign our cart agreement waiver prior to starting.